American Heart Association - Heart and Stroke Gala

 



The Heart & Stroke Gala and Pulse After Party for Young Professionals is the American Heart Association's 18th annual black-tie gala benefiting its mission of building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.

The evening celebrates: the work the mission; donors and volunteers; and — most importantly — the lives saved and improved because of everyone’s effort. From 2008-2012 the American Heart Association has funded 91 new studies at four Minnesota research institutions at a cost of $12.7 million.  Local research includes the University  of Minnesota, Minneapolis, the Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation and the Veterans Affairs Medical Center.


Held in the Hilton Hotel in downtown Minneapolis, the gala was a high-class event. I met up with a few of my fellow pageant sisters at volunteer orientation, we enjoyed a light dinner together and then began greeting guests as they arrived. My number one gal pal Gabby Taylor Miss Teen Minnesota 2012 and I helped direct guests to check-in and BidPal registration and then encouraged them to walk the red carpet and get their photo taken. The gala had a silent “electronic” auction with many different types of prizes as well as a live auction with 6 incredible packages to bid on from luxurious vacations to exclusive wines.


During the ceremony, honored guests, survivors and doctors were acknowledged and given awards followed by a presentation about a little girl with a heart condition who is directly affected by the amount of funds generated through the American Heart Association. It was a beautiful, emotional and well thought out ceremony. The night was wrapped up with an open call to give and donate funds to help men and women of all ages prevent, educate, and advocate for heart health.


Gabby and I had a blast playing with the little girls dressed up in their holiday ruffles and bows.


The American Heart Association is supported by so many wonderful people... Pictured above is one of my judges from Minnesota International 2012, Nick Zerwas. I should say, my favorite judge! I am thrilled for his recent success on becoming Representative Zerwas, and a Board Member for the American Heart Association!

Below, is my Minnesota Hair Guru, James Peterson! He is a dove. He keeps me laughing when I am stressing out about pageants. Thank you for always giving me perfect crown hair Jimmy!


Before the night was over we happened to run into a few Vikings players as they came into the Hilton before their big game verses daaaa Bears this Sunday… Skol Viks!! Here we are with Antoine Winfield #26 CB! And Kevin Williams #93 DT!

 
 

Such a lovely night filled with lovelier people! I feel so blessed to be able to make memories like this surrounded by people I love. Hugs and Kisses, and remember to live heart healthy!

XOXO,

Krista Wanous
Miss International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts