Feed My Starving Children

Feed My Starving Children is a non-profit Christian organization committed to feeding God’s children hungry in body and spirit. Their approach is simple: children and adults hand-pack meals specifically formulated for malnourished children. They ship the meals to nearly 70 countries around the world.


I joined a “Bunch of Fun Pageant People” at our local, Feed me Starving Children packing warehouse for a Saturday afternoon of volunteering and fun. Equipped with out hairnets and gloves, we created an assembly line to make Mannapacks. Mannapacks are scientifically engineered meals for malnourished children. The four ingredients are vitamins (chicken flavor), dehydrated vegetables, soy and rice.

Putting the meal packs was so much fun!! Yes, I’m lame and I think volunteering is fun… but seriously we had such a good time. The music was bumping and as our time passed we set goals for ourselves. We couldn’t help but giggle when one of us would mess up our job and throw off the whole assembly line.


In only two hours, our session of volunteers packed 152 boxes with 216 meals in each box, feeding 90 children for an entire year!! WOW! Touching, packing and seeing the food gave me such a tangible understanding of how huge of am impact we were making. It seemed so amazing to me that in only 2 hours of a Saturday afternoon, I could give that many kids that much food! 



I was so proud to be surrounded by my incredible pageant family. I love them all so dearly. They are the most loving, giving, caring, supportive women I have ever encountered. I am blessed to have them in my life. Sarah Wall, the very first Miss International, was the woman behind this event. She organized this gathering turning hunger into hope for so many children.  


XOXO,

Krista Wanous
Miss International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts