Valentine's Day

My mom often accuses me of “over-thinking” things. So, naturally, Valentine’s Day has me thinking. As I enjoy chocolates and beautiful roses, I cannot help but think about the true meaning of love. Love is much more than a simple gesture on Valentine’s Day. Love is truly what makes the world turn. No, I am not talking about puppy love with a high school sweet heart.

The love I am talking about can and should be shown to every single person you meet. I believe that as queens, it our job to show unconditional love to those that we meet. Through the title of Miss Teen International, I have learned how great of an impact I have on the people I meet. We are all called to serve others, create lasting relationships, and most importantly, put others before ourselves. One of my favorite quotes of all times comes from 1 Corinthian 13:4-8. It reads:

“Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.”

The world is full of stressful, confusing, and sometimes simply evil things. However, when we act in love, we are instilling purity in the world that was previously not there. This Valentine’s Day, I encourage you to put others first and act purely in LOVE as often as you can. Thank you all for the love and support you have shown me!

XOXO,

Caroline

Comments

Popular Posts