Minnesota Cheerleading Coaches Association


I was invited to the MCCA State Cheerleading Competition this weekend as the guest presenter during the awards ceremony. As a former cheerleader for sideline football and basketball on both high school and college levels as well as competitive cheerleading on national all star teams, I couldn’t help but reminisce about my cheer days as I entered the Roy Wilkins Auditorium. Girls with bows bigger than their heads running around, practicing routines, and primping for their big moment sprawled throughout the hallways. 


I ran into many familiar faces, here is one you may know, Ashley Fogerty Miss Teen Farmington and a Minnesota International pageant sister. She won a $1,000 scholarship because of her accomplishments and I got to present her with a big huge check! It was a very cool moment to be able to share with her. AND her cheer team won first place! Congrats Ashley!


This is Becky Stephens. She was my very first cheer coach. I was 13 years old. She had a competitive All-Star team called Metro Magic and our colors were black, silver and pink! We were the only team with pink on our uniforms at that time and we thought we were the coolest! She taught me so much about cheerleading and pushed me to be my best. She truly created the foundation of what went on to be a huge part of my life. 


I sat in the audience and cheered on some of my old teams. I also got to see some of the adapted athletics teams perform. They did such a good job! Afterwards, I got to present each member of the team with a gold medal. They were so happy and in awe of my big crown, their smiles were priceless. 


After handing out all the awards to the competitive high school teams and taking pictures with tons of the girls, I was exhausted! I had so much fun being back in the cheerleading atmosphere. Thank you MCCA for inviting me! 

XOXO,

Krista Wanous
Miss International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts