The Natural State


I love Arkansas with all my heart.

I’ve lived my whole life in the countryside and I feel a special connection to all of the nature that surrounds me. It’s all so beautiful and peaceful, from the birds that sing in the morning to the frogs that croak at night. The way the sky looks when the sun sets to the crisp glow when it rises. The way the mountains turn every shade of orange, yellow and red in the fall to the vibrant greens of springs. Arkansas is simply beautiful and it’s beautiful all the time.

I took this photo out my back window this morning on my phone as I was writing to you! 

I personally believe that Arkansas is the most amazing state, without a doubt. It literally has everything! The state’s diverse geography ranges from the mountains of the Ozarks and Ouachita Mountains, to the densely forested land in the south known as the timberlands, to the eastern lowlands along the Mississippi River. People say that if a fence was built around Arkansas, the state would be completely self-sufficient simply because the regions and their resources were so diverse.

Just because I adore Arkansas, I want you to see more of it so here are quite a few photographs.





Whether you choose to spend your time enjoying the outdoors or the contemporary cityscapes it all takes full advantage of our state’s resources. You can go duck, deer or wild turkey hunting, shopping for antiques, fishing for trout or you might even go digging for diamonds at Crater of Diamonds State Park. Where it’s the only diamond-producing site in the world where the public can search and keep the diamonds they find! You can get away from it all in more than 2.9 million acres in three forests and journey one of 250 hiking trails that collectively stretch more than 1,500 miles.

Arkansas is well known for numerous well established businesses such as Wal-Mart founded by Sam Walton, Tyson Chicken, J. B Hunt and Dillard’s. It’s also the home of the well known country singer Johnny Cash and Former President Bill Clinton, actress Mary Steenburgen, and boxer Jermaine Taylor.

With all of the opportunities and places to discover there is no better place to visit than Arkansas. It’s simply beautiful and breathtaking and I hope you’ll come visit us.

Much love,

Haley Pontius

Comments

Popular Posts