Jesse Ladoue - Miss International 2013

The  New York girl through and through.  I was born and raised in Elmira, NY (a small town upstate), attended college and worked professionally just north of New York City, and I currently reside in Western New York.  Thanks to each of these experiences I was able to grow into the person I am today and define my core values: spirit, authenticity, and celebration.   When I can approach each day and event with a vibrant spirit and have the confidence to be myself in all aspect – that’s when I’m living life to the fullest.  My parents, Carolyn Ladoue and Donal O’Shaughnessy and my siblings Donny, 28 and McKinley, 3 have always fostered an environment that encouraged me to follow my heart and be happy with who I am regardless of the opinions of others.

My biggest and littlest fans, Donny and McKinley!

I am a graduate of Iona College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communication – Television and Video production.  I am halfway through earning my MBA in marketing (oy, someday we’ll get there!).  My higher education experience was full of extracurricular activities: Captain of the Cheerleading team, Student Government Vice President for Administration, and a sister of Phi Sigma Sigma Sorority (officially known as Fraternity – LITP).  My career goal is to be a social community manager for a non-profit or a corporate social responsibility manager to connect the business world to volunteer involvement, stressing a focus on giving back.

Through my education, internships, and pageant experience I have found a passion in custom branded content and the importance of personal branding.   In 2012 I launched JL Presentations, a consulting company focused on helping individuals “unwrap their presence” in the form of marketing strategies, personal platform campaigns, and image consulting.

My favorite quote is “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live the life you have imagined” as said by Henry David Thoreau.  That will continue to be the motto of my year as Miss International 2013: to leave no stone unturned, no opportunity to incite positive change left unfulfilled, and no day without simply being grateful and enjoying the ride.


Best,

Jesse
Miss International 2013

Comments

Popular Posts