It's Crunch Time!


The last month before the pageant was no joke. I remember running at least 40 minutes a day (sprint intervals), muscle training half an hour a day, eating clean and fascia rolling (yes, I do that).

It's been a year now, and an amazing year at that! But I've been extremely busy and traveling, and I haven't had the consistency in my workouts and diet. So now it's “crunch time!” If I want to fit in all my dresses and look my best, I need to get serious.

So here is my go-to:

Running, I love to run! But I don't necessarily like long distance. Because I don't like what long distance running does to your body or muscles. So I do sprints! Because the thousand calories you burn jogging, aren't the same as the thousand calories you burn sprinting. There are metabolic advantages when you sprint.

Sprinting will stimulate the production of Human Growth Hormone, which is a hormone that contributes to the buildup of lean muscle on your body. The more lean muscle you have, the more fat you will burn, and the faster your metabolism will be. A faster metabolism will lead to more fat burning, and the cycle will continue until you've lost a lot of weight.

I also work out a muscle group a day, like one day I'll work on my legs for half an hour, another day for back and biceps, then abs another day, and lastly, another day for chest and triceps. That way I build up and define those muscles.

I also get serious, and start eating clean..Okay I miight cheat a tad bit. But, I find it easier to follow a healthy lifestyle if you're not “fire and brimstone” so give yourself rewards. I allow myself to have frozen yogurt, most fruits, and some carbs.

But for the most part, I eat pretty healthy. A full day might look like:

Shake for breakfast. (I use Yoli Vanilla mix I add omega 3s, and PBfit to it.)

A couple hours later, I have a snack like a veggie, some fruit or a granola bar.

A couple hours later, I have lunch. Normally a salad with some protein.

A couple hours later, I have another snack like some nuts or some fruit.

A couple hours later, I eat a healthy dinner.

A couple hours later, I have one last snack like some yogurt.

Eating this way really boosts your metabolism. It knows you're gonna eat every couple hours so it's constantly burning what you eat.

You don't have to work for your body, make your body work for you.

I'm your Mrs International reminding you-

TO CHOOSE LOVE,

Priscilla

Comments

Popular Posts