Survival Kit

Throughout this amazing roller coaster of a year... I've had the great joy of bathing in self tanner (almost weekly), blistering my feet to death, wearing more makeup than I've worn in my entire life, and I have somehow successfully indented a permanent halo on my scalp (due to my crown). So, to help you, I've come up with a survival list….So that you can survive the pain, that is “beauty!”

1. How To Avoid Looking Like An Oompa Loompa- For pageant week I used The Thomas Dunn team for my spray tan, and it looked incredible! However, throughout my reign, I didn't have the luxury of having their phenomenal team following me around. Sooo, I spent hundreds on spray tans, and products. And of course, 6 weeks before giving up my crown I discovered this:


It's amazing! Greatest spray tan in a bottle, no kidding. Now, depending on how dark you would like to look, you just layer it. So for me, and for my liking...I end up using the entire bottle for a week’s worth of tan...Which isn't bad for $6.99. I can totally do that!

2. Foot pads, where have you been all my life!?? As you can imagine, standing in 4.5 inch heels for hours can prove to be difficult. However if you can find the right gel insert for your foot, world of difference! You can save yourself so much pain and suffering, it's worth it! These right here, saved my life:



3. Find The Right Foundation- This is beyond important! There is nothing worse than looking like you have tons of makeup on. You want to look made up, but not look like the makeup is wearing you. I strongly suggest you find a foundation that won't look cakey, or accentuate your wrinkles. I LOVE Clay Spann foundation!!! It's creamy, easy to blend. You don’t need much, a little goes a long way, and it lasts forever. It's just the right amount of coverage without looking too made up. For $32.50, you can't beat that!


4. Lashes! With the right set of lashes and shoes, I can conquer the world. Okay, maybe not, but it sure feels that way! We are so blessed to have Dunn And Dunn lashes as our sponsors...Imagine getting unlimited mink lashes for free! Yup, only at International Pageants! If you haven't tried these, you must! My favorite are the “All Dunn Up” lashes. Super glam, you won't want to take them off.


5. Clip On Earrings- Yes invest in some! Your ears will be burning from all the sparkly earnings throughout your reign and especially during pageant week. So for those times, where you can't even imagine torturing your ears for another minute… Have some beautiful clip on earrings ready.


6. Hairspray and Teasing Comb- This is the only thing that has helped my poor head from the weight of the crown. I have to tease and spray my hair to create a “barrier” per say...I use the Freeze It spray, it works wonders with my hair. It can hold through Florida’s humidity, it's that good.


And I use this Teasing Comb, it can be purchased at any beauty supply store.


What are your pageant must haves? Share them with us in the comments below, we'd love to hear from you.

I'm your Mrs International reminding you-

TO CHOOSE LOVE,
Priscilla

Comments

Popular Posts