Not Everyone Will Like You


The truth is hard sometimes, right? I always thought as I got older - life would be easier. However, I guess that’s not the case. Disney stories never really talk about what happens once you get older - you just get the fairytale. We see that Cinderella had terrible step sisters, but she wins out in the end. Sigh… if only that was the case in real life.

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve had to deal with the harsh reality that not everyone will like you. When you are put in a public figure space, it becomes even more real. Over the past year, I’ve worked to grow Internationals and my following. That includes Instagram, Facebook and YouTube! Even more, I’ve grown a lot in my professional and personal life. All of those changes will make you realize how everyone has commentary on what you do - say - look like - and think.

At any given moment, we can turn on a news channel and people are paid good money to share their thoughts and opinions. Their job is to have commentary. However, if the celebrities and public officials took everything they said to heart… they’d find themselves seriously depressed. The constant commentary, bashing, name calling, and judgment is real.

We can see this same reality in our every day life… whether we have a crown on our head or not. This year has taught me, more than ever, that someone’s inability to see your worth does not decrease your worth. If we take everything people say as the gospel - then we will rise and fall based on approval ratings.

I don’t know about you all, but I want my worth and value to come from something eternal and ever lasting… not from an ever changing society. 

Create an inner circle that has your best interest in mind and will give you positive feedback and constructive criticism. We don’t walk on water and we are bound to fall short, but our inner circle lifts us up and helps us become the best version of ourself. Their opinions carry weight - not the random commentator on YouTube.

While you prepare for the job of Miss International, prepare your heart for the tougher realities that come from having a crown on your head. Will people love you? Of course! However, some may not be your biggest fans… and that’s okay. Everyone is entitled to an opinion… and you are entitled to take theirs however you’d like.

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts