Packing? Don’t Forget these Miscellaneous Items!
Packing time is coming up! I personally love to travel, but dread packing. My OCD kicks in and it stresses me out. I recently traveled overseas to Asia for a week, visited several different countries in that week, flew 5 flights, several boat transits, 5 different hotels, and only packed in a small carry on roller! Needless to say, I was VERY impressed with myself!
Then there’s little trips this year I’ve taken, like NY, TN, and IL, where I’ve packed an oversized check-in just for a few days (hey- those gowns take up a lot of space)!
The time I packed for West Virginia for Mrs. International though, I spent a few weeks packing and ended up shipping 3 boxes, checking 3 suitcases, and carrying on my competition wardrobe.
When your packing for nationals I know you’ll remember all the necessities like wardrobe, accessories, and cosmetics. But I’ve made a list of some little “just in case” items that might make a big difference and come in handy to help you!
A few things not to forget:
- your Official Handbook
- sewing kit in case of emergencies
- vitamins and medications just in case
- autograph cards and a sharpie
- travel steamer
- rehearsal bag and small clutches
- pins: hair pins, safety pins, crown pins, and bobby pins
- manicure kit in case you break a nail
- refillable water bottle
- neutral shawl or sweater in case you get cold
- light weight robe for backstage or hair and make up
- sunglasses (outing day)
- baby wipes and shout wipes
- comfy slides (For rehearsal bag when your feet need a break)
- “It stays”, or double sided tape, for last minute fashion fixes
- cushion foot inserts and mole skin to pad shoe straps and prevent blisters
- light snacks and breath mints
- back of door hooks- for dresses/gowns
- your favorite play list
- sleeping mask
- a picture of your loved ones, something for your night stand to bring you a sense of home and comfort when you miss you family.
See you in Charleston!
Turning Broken Into Brave,
Your Mrs. International 2017