Regardless of the Outcome


If you’re reading this, YOU might be the next Miss International. I am so thrilled and excited for you!! However, you may not be. And in that case... I’m still so proud of you.

It took a lot for you to get to this week. There was hard work, long nights, personal sacrifice, passion, tears, laughs, victories, and the list goes on. Trust me when I say that I understand! I was once exactly in your shoes.

The only way to stay calm is to remember your why. Focus on your purpose! You have been blessed with a mission that only YOU were capable of taking on. I am so proud of you for sharing your story and your platform with the world. Regardless of the outcome, you have made a positive impact on the lives you’ve touched... and THAT is victory!

One of my favorite moments from nationals week last year was listening to all of the platform statements. I actually cried listening to one of them. During rehearsals I highly encourage you to use the time to practice your statement in front of the other contestants. You might be influencing someone more than you realize. Someone was brave enough to share her story and it has since inspired me to be more open about my personal trials. The point of telling you this is to let you know that you’re right where you need to be! You never know who needs to hear YOUR story.

I have yet to be in a room full of so many inspiring women. Any one of you would be a wonderful queen! Be proud of how far you’ve come and what you’ll continue to do. There will only be one Miss International 2018, but there will also ever be ONE YOU. My dad has a saying while coaching basketball: “Win and/or learn.” Thank you for sharing your story, serving your community, and making a true difference in this world. To be here makes you a winner... but you will also learn so much!

In health and happiness,

Kelsey

Comments

Popular Posts