Visiting Home as a Titleholder

As a titleholder, I highly encourage you to reconnect with the schools you attended and organizations that you were a part of during your childhood or college years. Their leadership teams, along with previous educators, will be happy that you are giving back. Speaking to your old schools sends a message to the current students that you can achieve anything you set your mind to regardless of where you come from. It also lets your teachers, coaches, and mentors know that their influence on you has made a positive impact.

Although I now reside in Florida, my home will always be the Pacific Northwest. During my year as Miss International I was able to visit Washington and Idaho to speak to groups that are near and dear to my heart. I owe a huge thank you to Monticello Middle School, Robert A Long High School, RAL girl’s swim team, University of Idaho and UI Gamma Phi Beta for letting me return to my roots and share my platform.

Being featured on the Longview Public Schools website.

Speaking at Monticello Middle School about school pride, respect and kindness.

Visiting RAL Swim Team to talk about goal setting and competing against yourself


Being welcomed back home to my sorority!

Speaking at Gamma Phi Beta sorority about heart health and disease prevention.

Visiting the University of Idaho campus before speaking to the Exercise Science & Health program freshman class about career preparation.

I hope that during your year of service you have the opportunity to return home and give back to your local community. I promise that it will be one of the highlights of your year!

In health and happiness,

Kelsey Craft
Miss International 2017

Comments

Popular Posts