Donating to Wiregrass Humane Society

Dothan, Alabama sure does love their animals! And the Wiregrass Humane Society has made it their mission to rescue as many as they can, and of course to provide unconditional love!


I got to visit the facility last weekend! All of the animals were very calm and comfortable as I walked through.


One dog touched my heart as I passed by. A snow white pit bull looked up at me with tired eyes. It broke my heart to know that he didn’t have a home, but at least he didn’t have to worry about being put to sleep.


One of the things I liked most about this humane society is that they are in walking distance of the Dothan Animal Shelter. This is very uncommon, as shelters euthanize and humane societies are no-kill. Wiregrass said that they are next to them so that they can rescue as many animals as possible before they are killed.

At the end of my tour, I gave Wiregrass Humane Society a donation. It turns out that the money that Jurnee’s journey raised will go for a heart worm treatment for the pit bull that I met!

Jurnee Carr

Comments

Popular Posts