Nationals are right around the corner! Are you prepared? It took me 2 tries to win Miss Teen International. Having a background of 2 years of competition has taught me a lot about what to bring and what to leave at home! I hope these tips will help you!
What TO Bring
· Crown, sash, autograph cards
· Cocktail dresses for orientation, rehearsals, outings, and for going out and about
· Evening gowns for dinner/group photo and to watch Miss prelims
· Super soft comfy pjs for relaxing at night!
· Pens, pencils, Sharpies, a note pad (for orientation)
· Candy (to wake you up) and snacks (Wearing heels all day burns a lot of calories!)
· A tote bag to carry all of your rehearsal shoes in
· Labels (In case your fitness wear or gown gets lost or misplaced, make sure you label what’s yours!)
· MP3 player to get you pumped and focus for interview and prelims/final night
· Energy and a smile! This is the week you’ve been waiting for! SHINE!
What NOT TO Bring
· A frown. Like I said, this is your time to shine. Don’t let anything hold you back!
· Extra baggage. No, not extra suitcases. Leave your cares and worries behind! God has this whole thing planned out, so just let go and let God! “Forget what is behind and strain toward what is ahead.” –Philippians 3:13
· 5 million extra pairs of shoes, makeup, hair care products, etc. I learned to plan out what I was going to wear and what accessories and shoes need to go with it. Make sure you lay out everything you need not want. Your hotel will be your home for a week, but if you know you won’t use something, leave it in your closet.
· Magnifying glass. It may feel as though you are under a microscope all week, but don’t make others feel that way. Focus on yourself and what you are going to do and accomplish this week. You know the most about you, so don’t let someone else’s “prettier” earrings outshine your confidence.