Focus on Winning

Less than two months left before Mrs. International 2012 is crowned! I took a look back at my binder of notes from this time, last year, and thought I'd share a few notes with you all. If you are reading this, and you are a contestant, parent or husband, hopefully this helps with any butterflies you may have about the upcoming competition. 

I had an extensive checklist and timeline as to when I anticipated completing this list. Needless to say, life "re-organized" this schedule I had laid out for myself. Not to worry, it all worked out. 

If there are tasks you need to accomplish, or something on your personal checklist is not working out - its ok. Take a deep breath, maybe sleep on it, or jump on the StairMaster. (Sometimes I think better when I am on the StairMaster. It's just my thing.) 

Every time I started to feel anxious about the competition, I did one of 3 things: (1) Re-read chapters of the book, The Psychology Of Winning, (2) Re-focused myself to write down my thoughts on current issues in my binder, or (3) jumped on the StairMaster. I found it was much healthier for me to focus on things I could control, instead if stressing about the unknown. (My husband, being an engineer, was a big supporter of this mindset.) 

Remember to surround yourself with positive people, and positive things will happen for you. Negative influences are all around us. While we can't control those people, we can control how we react to them. By focusing on yourself, your goals and your mission, you won't be bothered by negativity. (And, you probably won't notice it is going on around you.)

I wish you all the best in your quest for the crown. You're almost there You can do it!
 
Janet Bolin

Comments

Popular Posts