Competition Wardrobe

I received my Paula Preston, Photographer photos this week and let me tell you – Paula, Laura, and the rest of the team more than outdid themselves.  I was so pleased with the results.  They captured some truly priceless moments and memories.  As I was looking through the images I remembered just how much I loved my wardrobe choices.  Here is some rationale for why I selected each outfit!

Evening Gown 


My evening gown was the first wardrobe item I selected for Chicago…. Back in November!  I legitimately had no idea what I wanted…. Maybe sleeves, maybe a plunging v-neck, maybe even a mermaid – but I never pictured this gown, let alone in black.  However, as stunning as so many of the gowns I tried were I didn’t feel like a queen until I put on this super simple dress.   There was definitely an “aha” moment when I walked out wearing it. I knew wearing no stones would be a risk, but nothing could change my mind.  No stones, no glitz, just me – This was my gown!

Fun Fashion


I nailed down my fun fashion the same day as my evening gown and it was completely opposite on purpose. I knew I needed to show the different layers of my personality, so as sleek and sophisticated as my gown was I wanted to be just as youthful and playful in my Fun Fashion.  I wanted an outfit that I could have fun with but wouldn’t be the star of the presentation (hey, that’s what I’m there for!).

Interview 


Interview was the last outfit I picked, however, I knew what I wanted from day one.  Do you know how hard it is to find a YELLOW business-y dress?! I looked from NOVEMBER until JUNE!  Yellow and turquoise are my favorite colors, and together I think they are fresh, memorable, and striking.  My platform is so warm and fuzzy that I wanted my appearance to resonate that same brightness!

At the end of the day, I just had to trust myself and my personal taste.  About a month before leaving for Chicago I sat and watched the last two years’ pageants and I won’t lie, I was intimidated by all the “bling” I saw on many of the finalists.  I just had to breathe and remember that my wardrobe was completely “me” and that isn’t worth compromising for anything!

What do you think?!

Seek Happiness,
Jesse

Comments

  1. Loved the interview dress when you wore it at NY pageant! Stunning combination with the necklace. That's what I always tell contestants - just be you! It works when the wardrobe compliments your personality.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts