Sunday, October 20, 2013

Competition Wardrobe

I received my Paula Preston, Photographer photos this week and let me tell you – Paula, Laura, and the rest of the team more than outdid themselves.  I was so pleased with the results.  They captured some truly priceless moments and memories.  As I was looking through the images I remembered just how much I loved my wardrobe choices.  Here is some rationale for why I selected each outfit!

Evening Gown 


My evening gown was the first wardrobe item I selected for Chicago…. Back in November!  I legitimately had no idea what I wanted…. Maybe sleeves, maybe a plunging v-neck, maybe even a mermaid – but I never pictured this gown, let alone in black.  However, as stunning as so many of the gowns I tried were I didn’t feel like a queen until I put on this super simple dress.   There was definitely an “aha” moment when I walked out wearing it. I knew wearing no stones would be a risk, but nothing could change my mind.  No stones, no glitz, just me – This was my gown!

Fun Fashion


I nailed down my fun fashion the same day as my evening gown and it was completely opposite on purpose. I knew I needed to show the different layers of my personality, so as sleek and sophisticated as my gown was I wanted to be just as youthful and playful in my Fun Fashion.  I wanted an outfit that I could have fun with but wouldn’t be the star of the presentation (hey, that’s what I’m there for!).

Interview 


Interview was the last outfit I picked, however, I knew what I wanted from day one.  Do you know how hard it is to find a YELLOW business-y dress?! I looked from NOVEMBER until JUNE!  Yellow and turquoise are my favorite colors, and together I think they are fresh, memorable, and striking.  My platform is so warm and fuzzy that I wanted my appearance to resonate that same brightness!

At the end of the day, I just had to trust myself and my personal taste.  About a month before leaving for Chicago I sat and watched the last two years’ pageants and I won’t lie, I was intimidated by all the “bling” I saw on many of the finalists.  I just had to breathe and remember that my wardrobe was completely “me” and that isn’t worth compromising for anything!

What do you think?!

Seek Happiness,
Jesse

1 comment:

  1. Loved the interview dress when you wore it at NY pageant! Stunning combination with the necklace. That's what I always tell contestants - just be you! It works when the wardrobe compliments your personality.

    ReplyDelete