I have had it with the bobbi pin saga – I need a way to keep track of my pins so they are organized and always within reach. So, in true International Pageant girl fashion I got crafty and creative and made my new best friend. I have affectionately named it “the bobbi board”.
What you need to make your own:
-A picture frame of your choice/any size
-Rolls of magnet, size and amount will vary based on the frame you selected (can be found in any craft store in a variety of lengths and widths)
-Sheet of scrapbook paper of choice (optional)
My completed “bobbi board!”
1)Remove the glass from your picture frame and discard
2) Cut strips of magnet roll the width of the frame (enough to cover entirely)
3) Remove backing of magnet roll strips
4) Remove the back of the picture frame. Now that you have discarded the glass, this is where you will work your magic. Using your hot glue gun “paint” a line directly on the frame piece and place and hold a magnet strip on top to set.
5) Repeat this process until the entire piece is covered with magnets
6) OPTIONAL depending on magnet strength: Cover the magnet board with a thin sheet of decorative paper to jazz it up. You don’t want to muffle the magnet strength or else the pins will not stay
7) Put frame back together, scrounge up all your lose bobbi pins and put them on your board.
TADA! Never have to look for a bobbi pin ever again!