A Day In The Life Of Miss International: Preparing for International Trips


I am blown away by the continuous opportunities that True Beauty Movement has and it has grown in ways I never fathomed. I never would have imagined that what started as a small idea would eventually have me travel to three different different countries in Africa. God is so faithful and truly blesses us when we follow the dreams He has placed on our heart.

Traveling Internationally is not the easiest process but it is absolutely worth it. You’re visiting with a new culture, learning different languages, and exposing yourself to things you never imagined. In my journey to South Africa to host True Beauty Workshops… I traveled by air for a total of 38 hours roundtrip and spent 10 days on the ground in the Johannesburg/Pretoria area. Preparing for this time was critical and it takes numerous hours to prepare for what will unfold during a trip like that.

I’d like to share with you some of my best tips for international travel to help better prepare your upcoming adventures.

It’s All About The Passport: This sounds like an obvious one, right? It actually takes a very long time to go through the process and to actually receive it. I’m so thankful that I’ve had mine for years now, and it made my travel easier since the process was already finished. If you're planning on growing an organization internationally and becoming Miss International, I would highly suggest starting your passport process so you are 100% ready for the job.

Find A Host Family You Trust: I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t even slightly nervous about my trips to Africa. It was a completely new area for me and I was traveling over there by myself. However, True Beauty Movement has been blessed with an amazing South Africa Representative and during my time in Johannesburg… I would be staying with her and her family. I found so much peace in knowing that I would be in good hands and supported by people who know the lay of the land so well.

Nonstop Flights Are Your Friend: When I told my parents I had the opportunity to go to Rwanda, Kenya, and South Africa… I think their jaws hit the flaw. It didn’t seem real to us. When we began to look at flights, we realized how wonderful it is to live in a city where they offer nonstop flights to certain destinations. During my first trip, we decided that a nonstop would be the best option for all of us to feel comfortable and safe.

I cannot to see where you will be lead when you walk by faith and trust the calling on your life.

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts