Open Doors


For the last two weeks I've been traveling non-stop! I got home late last night, spent some time with my kids, woke up, spent a couple hours with the family...Then off I went, on to the next trip. Sounds glamorous and all, but if I continue this route...Well, it can take a huge toll on me.

I've always been that overachiever, that has all these “personal goals” and I normally make them all….But it's what I do to myself in order to make them, and what I do to myself when I don't make them...Thats what I want to talk about!

See, I'm not perfect! I'm a work in progress. And part of that progress, is me realizing when to slow down.

This is an important lesson, regardless of your age. We all need to learn this!

First things, first- Goals don't control you! First comes God, then comes your spouse, then come your kids, AND THEN your goals and dreams.

Don't make the mistake of putting your goals before your marriage or family. Believe me, it's not fun! Don't exhaust yourself trying to force something greater by your own strength. If it's God's will, it will happen, and effortlessly! Not meaning you don't have to work at it, just you don't have to do it by the “sweat of your brow” (Gen 3:19-20) Because Jesus died and redeemed us from the curse of the law. Before Christ, everything we did, we had to work hard for. We no longer have to toil! (Malachi 3:10)

Second, pray about it! Sometimes our goals and dreams... Miiight not be the best things for us. What I mean by that is, what good is it to become “The best bartender in the world” if you're a struggling alcoholic? (That might not be the best example, but you get the point!) “For what does it prosper a man, to gain the whole world and lose his soul?” (Mark 8:36)

When we pray and we surrender our will to the will of God..He will either open doors, that no man can shut, or He will instill new dreams, desires and goal in our hearts. Goals that line up with His greater will for our lives.

Next, find a way to get your loved ones involved. Make it a “team goal”, and you'll be more likely to succeed!

Lastly, exercise your faith. Start speaking and believing it. Because you CAN do it, and you ARE worthy!! Know that God wants to give you the desires of your heart. He loves to bless His children. But you have to believe it. And it doesn't happen overnight! Don't let your faith waver, stand firm, trust that if this is from God… Then He will open the doors, and if He closes them.. Than its because He has something much better in store for you!

So you are my witnesses, I surrender my goals for my year as Mrs International over to God. If He wants for me to achieve my goal of 50 baby boxes in the US and baby boxes in China, Sudan, Belize and Honduras. Then He will have to open the door, and no one, NO ONE will be able to shut them!

Cause I'm done trying to do it by my own strength. I know God placed me in this position for a reason. So I am trusting that where God guides, He provides! And that goes for you as well! Surrender your goals and dreams over to His will, and He will direct your paths.

I'm your Mrs. International reminding you-

TO CHOOSE LOVE,

Priscilla

Comments

Popular Posts