My Trip To Idaho - Part 1


Recently I had the chance to visit Idaho! I'm not sure how many of you know, but I used to be Little Miss Idaho International in 2008. I would like to thank Kimberly, the director of Idaho International Pageants for being so welcoming. She helped me stay busy during my time there. Here are a couple things I volunteered/ participated in during my time in Idaho. 


As we just celebrated Veterans Day, I did a lot of work with our Veterans. I always love hearing their stories. First, I had a radio interview with 101.9 The Bull. During the interview Katie, Miss Idaho International, and I had a chance to speak about our platforms as well as the upcoming Veterans Day Parade.



Second, I participated in the Veterans Day Parade in Boise. It was a chilly morning but it was great to meet some of the titleholders who will be competing in the Idaho International Pageant in March. Of course it is always great to see the current titleholders as well. We had such a great time in Jacksonville.


Next, I volunteered at the Warhawk Air Museum's 9th Annual Veterans Breakfast. As a student pilot, I loved being able to walk around the museum and see all of the old planes. Did you know they even have an actual piece of the Berlin Wall right there in Nampa? The breakfast was amazing and I hope I get to go back to the museum soon.

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." -Orison Swett Marden

Garin Harris
Miss Teen International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts