A Pageant Necessity

I cannot rave enough about my handheld steamer. Since purchasing a steamer I have been free from the dreaded iron and ironing board. If I could tell you one thing to make sure you own as a pageant queen, it would be a steamer!

My personal recommendation would be the Rowenta steamer. This is only because it’s the only steamer I have owned. I’m sure there are multiple brands on the market that would do the trick. 

A steamer takes away the stress of packing. It also gives your more freedom to get ready quickly when your favorite outfit has wrinkles.

Two examples of this would be nationals week as well when I was asked to be at a recent event.

For nationals I packed all of my “on-stage” items into my carry-on so I wouldn’t worry about them getting lost. When I arrived, my opening number outfit was wrinkled beyond belief. Thank goodness there was a steamer available to help me make my clothes look fresh upon arrival in West Virginia!

Secondly, I was recently asked to wear a gown to an event. The gown I planned to wear has been hanging in my closet for months in a garment bag. With only 10 minutes before I had to leave the house, I pulled my dress out and was shocked at how wrinkled it had gotten. Having to iron would have been impossible. Thankfully I had my steamer handy and was able to make my gown look brand new just in time.

I even took a picture halfway through steaming to show you the magic of a steamer!

One helpful hint is to read the fine print because it’s best to use distilled or bottled water, not sink water, in your steamer.

Find a steamer you like prior to competition week and you’ll be pleased with how much time you save.

In health and happiness,

Kelsey Craft
Miss International 2017

Comments

Popular Posts