Pageant Wardrobe Pictorial

Everyone has their 2018 Official Handbook with their pageant week’s itinerary which means now comes the FUN part… planning your wardrobe! I’ve received several questions about wardrobe for our events in Charleston. So I thought doing a little pageant wardrobe pictorial for the “Mrs.” Division would be helpful. Here is my wardrobe to give you a few examples of my week last year at nationals. Just remember, BE YOU, be creative in style, show your personality, and give a few different looks to change it up throughout the week. Use your style to highlight YOU!

Traveling comfortable and in style! 

Last year the Miss/Teen Finals were Saturday evening. I flew in 2 days early so I could watch, see the production first hand, and get settled.

Watching the Miss/Teen Finals

Sunday after getting settled some of the contestants arranged a contestant dinner to meet up before the pageant activities started.

Evening Before Contestant Dinner

I spent Monday relaxing, steaming my clothes, and getting organized. Monday evening, ready for Mrs. International 2017 to officially begin! Here I am leaving Hair and Make Up ready for Orientation to begin.

Orientation 

Tuesday was our outing day! I chose a light outfit and my hair up to stay comfortable and cool, and also a cute pair of wedges to save my feet!

Outing Day

The evening of outing day was our sunset reception, which is this year’s roof top reception. A quick change, took my hair down, and grabbed my clutch that was already packed (refer to my previously posted blog on tips how to stay organized during nationals) and I was ready to go!

Sunset Reception/ Roof Top Reception

Rehearsals, Rehearsals, Rehearsals! Again you want to still dress the part and stay fashionable. I suggest packing a comfortable pair of wedges, changing your shoes often, and enjoying those moments when your practicing fitness in your sneakers!

Rehearsals 

The Go Red Reception is so fun and remember you don’t have to wear red! I chose this stand out Sherri Hill at the trunk show. Everything about this dress I love! It’s fun and a completely different look than my stage gown. I knew the judges would be there, so I wanted something different than the look I was going to show on stage.

Go Red 

I loved my interview dress so much I chose to wear it for BOTH Personal Interview and On Stage interview! I did have the same dress in black to wear for On stage, but once I saw the Miss/Teen finals and the background lighting for the On Stage Interviews I decided to wear my white for both, my black I felt would have blended in with the dark colors of the stage back lighting. A lot of constants chose to two separate interview outfits for each, but it is OK to wear the same for both!

Interview BOTH On Stage & Personal Interview

My evening gown! Make sure your evening gown is everything you dreamed it would be and more! I was in LOVE with my Sherri Hill I chose at the Trunk Show. I wanted something simple, you’ll rarely find me in a fully beaded busy gown, I love simplicity and elegance. I like to wear the gown, not the gown wear me.

Evening Gown

Do not forget an extra outfit! In case you are chosen as Mrs. International 2018 you will need another outfit to sign your contracts and meet with the public relations or press.

Contract Meeting 

Excited to see all of you shine in Charleston and see the wardrobe you select that best helps your best YOU shine!

Turning Broken Into Brave,

Your Mrs. International 2017

Melissa Pocza

Comments

Popular Posts