Family Tips for Charleston
Here are some tips for those contestants and their families that haven’t been to Charleston, WV:
- Room service and food delivery is available
- Restaurant/Bar/lounge on main lobby floor
- Breakfast Buffet and Ordering Menu available!
- You CAN ship items to the hotel prior to your arrival!
- Limited closet space so if you are sharing a room – there is plenty of space for an extra clothing rack and gowns.
- There IS A POOL! Bring your kid’s suits and floaties!
- If you need anything, just ask! The hotel staff is VERY friendly and accommodating!
- FREE airport shuttle!
- Very small airport, you will most likely have to connect if your flying!
- Airport is 10-15 minutes from the hotel! SO leaving hours before your flight departs is not necessary.
- If you are connecting, expect to check a rolling bag at your second leg when boarding the small plane, your gown will be fine to put in the overhead bin.
- SO many restaurants within walking distance from the hotel!
- Forget anything? That’s OK! A mall is RIGHT across the street!
- YAY for Starbucks! There’s one across the street in the mall.
- SO many things for families to do, just plan ahead!
- A trip to the grocery store is just minutes away if you want to stock your room with any healthy snacks or extras.
- PLENTY for kids and families to keep entertained, just ask the front desk they’ll be happy to give recommendations!
- Please and Thank You go a long way, when all these little extra’s, like the shuttle are free! ☺
Turning Broken Into Brave,
Your Mrs. International 2017