Cinderella's Closet

Not only have I had a busy year as Miss Teen International 2012, but I have also had a busy year as a senior in high school! This year has been filled with wonderful memories and exciting experiences. One event that I am especially looking forward to is our Senior Prom! We have all had so much fun making plans for the theme and decoration. Of course, my absolute favorite part was picking out my dress. I had such a blast trying on dresses at The Competitive Image with Joey Retherford, the official wardrobe sponsor of the Miss Teen International pageant. 

As I tried on all of the beautiful gowns, it occurred to me that not every girl will be able to experience the joy of shopping for a prom dress and feeling special on her big night. Fortunately, there are many organizations whose mission is to make it possible for every girl to feel like a princess on her prom night.

One such organization is Cinderella’s Closet. Cinderella’s Closet provides prom and formal dresses to girls who cannot afford to purchase a dress. They accept gently worn formal dresses, both short and long. Cinderella’s Closet visits cities for one weekend at a time during “prom season”. Although Cinderella’s Closet is based out of the Kentucky area, they serve girls nationwide. 

Several girls from my school were able to choose a prom dress from Cinderella’s Closet. My mom always reminds me of this thought, “To whom much are given, much is expected.” So many times, pageant, prom, and homecoming dresses end up in the back of our closets collecting dust. Next time you decide to clean out, please donate some of your wardrobe to help girls feel their absolute best on their special night! If you choose to donate to Cinderella’s Closet, you can mail your dresses to:

Cinderella’s Closet
Immanuel United Methodist Church
2551 Dixie Highway
Lakeside Park, KY 41017

Caroline Crowley

Comments

Popular Posts