GO RED Fashion Show, Minnesota Fashion Week


Produced by MNfashion and held in partnership with Carly Aplin of The CW Twin Cities, The Red Dress Collection paired local designers with local celebrity models for a one-of-a-kind runway show at the Graves 601 Hotel.


Guests could also participate in a silent auction featuring packages from MAC makeup, 501FIT, spa packages and more. Each package included an original sketch of one of the red dresses featured in the runway show. 

All proceeds from ticket sales, the silent auction and additional donations will benefit the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women program. 


I have been so anxious for this event to finally arrive! I was ready to hit the runway in my fabulous Samantha Rei Crossland design.  She made me a custom one of a kind dress that was fun, flirty and edgy paired with an adorable fat and beautiful statement jewelry donated Realia Deisgns. Carly Aplin did an outstanding job putting this evening together to benefit Go Red. 


Some very inspiring women were also modeling the fashion show. This young lady’s name is Erin. She is only 7 years old, has already had 4 open heart surgeries as well as many on going procedures through her very young life. It broke my heart to hear her story of survival but also reminded me jus how important the Go Red movement is. I could relate very closely to her story because like I always say, “You are never too young to start caring for your heart.”


Some of my International sisters came to cheer me on! Sarah Bazey, Mrs. International, Carolina Reyes and Becky Ringen, both former Miss Minnesota Internationals. Thanks ladies! Seeing your faces in the audience made all the jitters melt away!


GO RED!!
Xo,

Krista Wanous
Miss International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts