Take Me Out to the Ball Game

On Wednesday night, August 26th, I had the honor of throwing the first pitch as Miss Teen International. Not only did I have the pleasure of signing autographs and taking pictures with Arkansas Traveler fans, but I also got to throw the first pitch with Arkansas Governer Asa Hutchison. Of course I didn't want to outshine the Govenor! He even said “Tomorrow's headline reads, Teen Queen throws better than the Governor.” Let's just say that is not what the headlines read. In addition to Governor Hutchison, I was also honored to throw the first pitch with a young boy named Braden who is in need of a kidney. He was a little nervous but he got up to the mound and outshined the governor and me! He threw 47 miles an hour!

The Governor of Arkansas, Asa Hutchison.

Arkansas Travelers' catcher, Governor Asa, Braden and me.

Josiah, the 'real king.'



There are a lot of hard workers on the diamond at the Arkansas Travelers. They make everything on game night possible and I could not be more grateful for their hard work. Mr. Lance never fails to make me laugh. Mr. Russ Meeks, President of the Arkansas Travelers, is such an amazing person and my experience at the ballgame couldn't have been possible with out him. Thank you guys so much for all you do!

The incredibly fun Mr. Lance

The President Mr. Russ.

In addition to our fun on the mound, my best friend accompanied me to the ballgame. She has supported me through everything. I couldn't ask for a better friend who videos all of my appearances and drops everything to watch me throw the first pitch last minute. My loving parents and the people I like to call my “second parents,” my state director and her husband, Mr. Rick and Mrs. Bernee Thurow, were also there to support me! The only way I can describe the one and only International system is a family.




Nothing is Impossible, the word itself says “I'm possible.”

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International

Comments

Popular Posts