Volunteerism

Volunteering has been a way of life for myself and my family for as long as I can remember. After being an active volunteer in my community, I have realized the great need for volunteerism. My message is to “Make Your Mark Through Community Service,” but what I mean by “making your mark” is not to drastically make a change in your area, state, or nation, but simply being the helping hand in one persons life.

This is a student from the Freedom School Literacy Program that I had the privilege to read to this summer.

Helping in my local soup kitchen and seeing people in our community who just need a warm meal and a smile to make their day, helping mothers and fathers find a few gifts to make their child's Christmas bright at our Toys for Tots distribution, high-fiving the hard working Special Olympics atheletes finishing a lap around the track, and seeing the smiling faces on children fighting cancer and their families at Ronald McDonald Houses are the reasons I volunteer and the reasons that I have developed a love for helping others.

I had the honor to be The Grand Marshal at the Special Olympics opening ceremony.

There are so many simple ways we can “Make Our Mark,” whether we save pop tabs and distribute small change into Donation boxes for Ronald McDonald House Charities, organize a clean up day in your community, or log on to VolunteerMatch.org to become an onsight or virtual volunteer! Be A Volunteer and Make Your Mark Through Community Service!

Ronald McDonald House - Memphis fills a minimum of ten tubs this size per week!

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'" -Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts