Nationals & My Crowning Moment

The main piece of advice I remember hearing at Orientation was to “have fun!” So, that is exactly what I did. I knew regardless of the results given on Saturday night it was my decision if the only thing I wanted to take away from the week was a shiny crown. I can still remember every single moment because the week at Nationals was the week of a life time.


Our day out in Jacksonville gave me a chance to connect with all of the contestants. I met so many amazing girls that I hope to keep in touch with for the rest of my life. Having the opportunity to compare southern lifestyle and accents with northern and foreign cultures and languages was so refreshing. I have no doubt that I met some of my lifelong best friends!


Another great thing about our week is that it teaches you responsibility and punctuality. When we were given a time, we were to meet in a designated spot fifteen minutes prior.. No Excuses for tardiness! I am a rule follower so I always made sure to give myself plenty of time to get ready for the day!

The week flew by so fast. I literally cried backstage right before our final opening number because I was so sad to leave the incredible women I had the pleasure of spending the week with. The girls behind me in the line up were the best friends a girl could ask for and I could not bear thinking of never getting to see them again, but we will find a way back to each other some day. The friendships I made at Nationals I will NEVER forget. If I could start the week all over again I would do it in a heartbeat. I would also try not to embarrass myself at orientation the second time around.. In other words, be prepared to answer ANY question.








My crowning moment felt unreal. As Miss Teen International 2014 placed the crown on my head, I was thinking how thankful I was and still am for all of the love and support given to me by my friends and family. I was also looking forward to my year and the goals the International System and sponsors will help me achieve.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'" -Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts