DBS

Throughout my high school career new organizations have come into my life that I have been very excited to be a member. My dream came true one year ago when the national high school sorority, Delta Beta Sigma, selected me to rush. I was so excited to find out that I have an incredible legacy. DBS was founded in 1903 and I have had a member of my family in DBS in every decade since it began.

You may think of sororities as mainly social organizations, but the truth is I discovered my true passion for volunteerism through Delta Beta Sigma. Every year we select a new charity to raise funds throughout the year. Last year, our philanthropy project was Ronald McDonald House. I had never heard much about it until we were able to tour a facility. I fell in love with the organization and wanted to learn more. I began researching and learned the importance of saving pop tabs and donating small change to the donation boxes at McDonald's restaurants. We ended up raising over $5,000 locally and over $70,000 nationally! I became interested in competing in the Arkansas International pageant and decided my platform should be Volunteerism. After a lot of thought, I felt like something was missing so I then decided to add an emphasis on RMHC in addition to volunteerism. Now, I have the opportunity to do International work with them and I could not be more thrilled. This year's DBS project is Wounded Warriors. I am excited to become more involved with this cause this year. So many new adventures will come about this year and I am so excited for a wonderful journey. 

Three sisters representing the DBS mascot!



Through volunteermatch.org you can find an organization you have a connection with and begin volunteering. This website matches you with organizations for you specifically as well as giving you the option to volunteer on-site or virtually. Give it a try!

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible!” -Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts