Finding Myself, Again

Before I competed for the title of Mrs. Texas International, I found myself questioning who I was outside of a wife and mother. I have always stayed very busy and my parents always pushed me to do and try as much as I could growing up. I played every sport possible, cheered, took piano lessons, was a Girl Scout until my senior year of high school and was on a competitive dance team for 7 years. During college, I was elected the membership vice president of my sorority, volunteered and competed in pageants. When Justin and I were married and we moved to Utah for his job (I was also transferred with my company) I left everything and everyone I knew behind. I was totally cut off from my comfort zone to say the least.

After five years of marriage and three and a half years of being a mommy, I was ready to start getting back to myself again. Took long enough, huh? I wasn’t even sure where to start or what I wanted to do honestly. When the opportunity arose to compete for Mrs. Texas International, a few weeks before the pageant, I laughed and said why not? I didn’t have much to lose since I was still “finding myself”, again.

Being a competitive person, I knew I wanted to do well (okay, I wanted to win), but with not much time to prepare I was hoping to at least place. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be where I am right now. God works in His way and in His timing for sure. If this would have happened last year, I wouldn’t have mentally been ready for the commitment Mrs. International takes and who knows where our life will be in July 2016. My advice, is to be open to wherever YOUR path is taking you. Don’t let your fears or insecurities hold you back from finding and being you again… or being a better you. Try new things and don’t worry about looking silly or feeling inadequate. Lastly, don’t put off tomorrow what you can do today! I haven’t felt this alive and reinvigorated in years.


Until the Mission is Complete,

Farabe’

Comments

Popular Posts