Pageant Week Tips from Miss Teen International


I want to provide some pageant week tips for the upcoming pageant, and for general use. I know it can get stressful at times, but I want every girl to enjoy their experience!

1. Keep healthy snacks with you at all times! I constantly kept almonds with me in case I needed a small energy boost! Plus, they are full of protein.

2. Arrive everywhere 15 minutes early. Whether it’s your state pageant or International, much is said about your character and excitement for the week based on your time management! All of the staff will appreciate you being on time!

3. Find some quiet time every day. Pageant week will be very busy and exciting, but you need time to debrief and find clarity daily. Spend some time listening to inspirational music or journaling. It brings mental peace and calms your thought process.

4. Be you. Everyone else competing is already taken. Your job is to show up and let your heart be open. When you are real and genuine, then, you will be the best version of you. It takes all of the pressure off when you are not striving to be someone or something.

5. Lastly, and most importantly, the calm girl wins. You have what it takes. You are full of value and worth. You just have to stay calm in the face of pressure. Yes, there will be nerves and excitement. But, you must take control of your anxious thoughts. This was said to me and I have only found it to be true. Stay calm, sweet girl. The Lord is on your side.


Madeline Wright
Miss Teen International 2019

Comments

Popular Posts