When He's in it.

“So, won’t you make my eyes your eyes, my ears your ears, my tears your tears. And, won’t you make my hands your hands, my feet your feet, my dreams your dreams. I give up control.”


It was when those words became the deepest cry of my heart, when those words became the purest words to leave my lips…that’s when I found myself spiraling right into where He’s called me. Not when I wanted it to happen, not when I thought it would happen. Ironic, huh? I have spent many moments in my life trying to plan, control, and navigate every single outcome. When, in reality, I was never asked to do that or expected to, none of us are. It has been in this past month that I have been able to trace God’s finger print, goodness, and mercy…all the way back to every “no” and every “yes.”

It was over many months leading to July, I was faced with multiple “no’s.” Many dreams were crushed. Many nights of confusion, disappointment, and isolation flooded my life. Many times, I felt “behind” everyone else. Many times, I wondered why He was not moving or answering what I thought I needed. But, all along, He was moving. In my mind, I thought He had become numb to every desire of my heart. However, every “no” was just leading to a greater “yes.” That’s who He is. He is more than what is logical to us.

Many of you know that during the months of seemingly endless “no’s and closed doors,” I was chasing one of my wildest dreams…becoming Miss Teen International. It was far-fetched in my small mind, and I was only trying to do my absolute best to go and represent myself, my state, and, most importantly, Jesus well. That’s all I wanted. I did not want to get my hopes up if this was not what He had prepared for me. As I left the pageant’s orientation, Monday night, with tear-filled eyes, I knew there was a purpose. I did not know if I was there to simply pour into someone or to be the next Miss Teen International. I just knew that my feet were in that place, at that time, for a purpose beyond me. That’s the thing…when He’s in it, it does not have to be sought after. When He’s in it, it supernaturally lines up. When He’s in it, you don’t have to strive. All you have to do is “be.”

As I walked out of that theater Saturday night, everything made perfect sense. I have been called to serve every day of my life. But, for this year, I am called to serve this organization. Every moment has lead me to right here, right now. This is my “why.” It is so evident that He is in every door that opens and every one that closes. There is goodness written all over His “no” and eternal value fills His “yes.” Trust me, this is truth!

I say all of this to say, just “be.” There’s so much peace and rest waiting for you when He becomes the main focus, not the goal you are chasing. Don’t become discouraged when life seems to not be going as you planned. There is more. He truly laid everything down, so that your journey could lead to places beyond your wildest thoughts. When He’s in it, no man can take it away. When He’s in it, there’s no striving. When He’s in it, you are free to “be.”

For this year, and for the rest of my life, I pledge to exemplify simply “being.” I can’t wait to share my heart with all of you this year. The best is yet to come. 


Love,

Madeline

Proverbs 19:21

Comments

Popular Posts