Delaware Boys & Girls Club Visit


On August 12th, I visited the Boys and Girls Club in Dagsboro Delaware. I spoke to a group of second, third, and fourth graders about living a healthy lifestyle on behalf of the Alliance for a Healthier Generation.


I shared my own story of losing my 12 year old cousin to heart disease and how it inspired me to re-evaluate my own lifestyle and realize that I hadn’t been taking care of my heart.


I told them that not all children are born with healthy hearts and that those born with healthy hearts should take full advantage of their luck and take care of their hearts.


They shared ideas of easy changes they could make in their food and eating choices, recreational activities, and even things like sleeping habits to positively alter their lifestyles and take care of their hearts.


The warmth, enthusiasm, and respect that they showed really made the visit great and reminded me how lucky I am to have the opportunity to reach out to so many children and not only share my story and inspire them, but also hear their stories and be inspired myself.


Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts