Meet Miss International 2010, Ashley Smith


Hello & thank you for stopping by to read our blogs! For my first post, I wanted to give a little bit of background on myself so everyone knows where I’m coming from. First, the boring stuff: My name is Ashley Elizabeth Smith (original huh??), & I’m 26 years old. I graduated from Texas A&M University with my BA in Communications in 2006, & I just got my JD from the University of Houston Law Center in May. I’m still not exactly sure what I want to do as a career though.

Now, more exciting stuff: I absolutely LOVE to learn, which is why I stayed in school so long! I love meeting new people & learning about their backgrounds and cultures. I also really love traveling. I was able to spend the entire summer 2 years ago traveling Europe after studying in Paris, and it was one of the best experiences of my life! I try to be myself at all times.

I’ve had some pretty interesting jobs – from a sacker at the grocery store, to entertainer at Astros baseball games, to dancer for the NBA Houston Rockets (and many things in between). If there is something that I want to try, I do it! I believe there is no other way to live your life than to remember that this is your only life! Live everyday with a purpose & have fun!!

I am so very excited to be Miss International 2010 & travel this great country speaking about my platform of Breast Cancer Awareness & Early Detection as well as the Go Red For Women movement. A BIG thank you to everyone who made this possible!!

Lastly, I tend to write how I speak, so I hope y’all aren’t expecting extreme eloquence just because I have 2 degrees! I look forward to representing this organization & sharing my experiences here on this blog with everyone!

Ashley Smith

Comments

  1. Congrats on your new title! I'm sure you will be a great Miss International!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts