Mexico

I have just returned from my very first cruise! We visited Progresso & Cozumel in Mexico, making this my very first INTERNATIONAL “appearance” as Miss International! Very exciting! The cruise had a lot of great activities to keep everyone occupied on board, but my favorite had to be karaoke! I didn’t get up and sing (I wanted to spare everyone’s ears!), but the people who did really had a good time, & I had a lot of fun watching them. The cruise director was really helpful & such a nice guy. Here I am with him on the formal night of our cruise.


In Progresso we decided to take a bus to Chichen Itza, which are Mayan ruins. I loved hearing about the history of that civilization, & how they lived. It’s really impressive that their structures are still around! Here I am in front of the pyramid in Chichen Itza.


When we stopped in Cozumel, we decided to do a snorkeling excursion that ended on a private beach. I absolutely LOVE snorkeling, & this time was no exception! My bit of advice – remember to put sunscreen all over your back. I put it on my face & shoulders, but my back was what was sticking out of the water for the 40 minutes I was snorkeling so I’m a wee bit burned, which is never fun!

Overall, the trip was a lot of fun & something I would love to do again! It was a great end to a busy summer, & wonderful relaxation before a big move!!

Ashley Smith

Comments

Popular Posts