Visit to the Pediatric Ward at Walter Reed Army Medical Center


On Monday, August 16, 2010, I visited the Pediatric Ward at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Though meeting, playing with, and talking to the children there was fun, it was also heartbreaking to see such young children confined to a hospital on a beautiful summer day.


I’ve added the children I met to my daily prayer list and I hope that they all get better and are able to lead long, healthy, happy lives. If you ever have the opportunity to volunteer with ill children, I hope you embrace that chance to allow the strength, happiness, and wisdom that they possess in spite of their age and health inspire you to grab your own life by the reins and live every day that you are blessed with to the fullest!


Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts