Miss Victoria Pageant

This past Saturday I had the opportunity to be a judge at the Miss Victoria pageant. This pageant highlights girls ages 4-20 in the areas of interview, casual wear modeling, & evening gown. I was so excited when I was requested to be a judge for two reasons. First because I got to judge with my sister queen, Sydney Datcher, & our other sister queen was there helping out as well – it was a family affair. And second because I truly believe in the power of pageants, & if you are reading this blog, I’m hoping you feel the same way!



I can honestly say that without the benefit of competing in pageants throughout my life I would not be the same person I am today. From these competitions I have definitely gained the obvious: self-confidence. There can be no doubt in anyone’s mind that all the areas of competition help to promote a woman’s self-confidence! However, there are other maybe less obvious benefits I have found in these competitions: interviews, networking, poise, thinking on your feet, meeting new people, determination, & even learning how to deal with the disappointment of not achieving a goal that you have worked so hard for.

I hope the ladies at the Miss Victoria pageant found the weekend fun, challenging, & rewarding! I am extremely proud of all of them. Here I am with the new Miss Victoria, Avery Greene.


Congratulations to her & to all of the contestants! I hope Avery continues to grow throughout the year & that she uses this new title to help out & make appearances in her community. Seeing this many accomplished & determined young ladies in one room is truly inspiring! I can’t wait until my next judging opportunity! :)
 
Ashley Smith

Comments

Popular Posts