April is Going to the Animals!

April is such an exciting month! The new fragrance of spring, celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ at Easter, and not mention, it’s National Pet Month and Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month!

This month is very important to animal lovers everywhere, because animals of all kinds are being abused every day. These innocent creatures are forced into animal testing, dog fighting, puppy mills, and slaughter for their fur.



Puppy mills really hit me hard. When I was 8 years old, my mother and I stumbled upon a dirty, nasty place on the side of the road that was overflowing with animals in cages upon cages. I saw three cages stacked upon each other with multiple rows of them all around. Hundreds, yes hundreds, of newborn puppies were crammed together in such a confined space, abundant with infectious insects.

In the middle of the mill, I found a small cage with about 15 Chihuahuas in it. All of them were tan, except for 1-the runt of the litter. As I tried to reach out to the poor thing, her brothers and sisters trampled on top of her, trying to get my attention. She shimmed her way out of the mob and over to the other side of the cage in the corner. She was so scared and looked at me with her big brown eyes as if to say, save me.



A recent article in Happy Tails magazine about my story and an insert about Chi-Chi in pink! The title reads “Meet Chi-Chi: From puppy mill to mascot”

At that moment, she stole my heart. My mother and I knew we were meant to rescue her. After doing some research, we discovered that we did in fact unknowingly adopt her from a puppy mill. That is why I have made it my mission to fight for the silent, and to make that puppy mill runt the “cover dog” of my organization, Jurnee’s Journey: Helping All God’s Creations. Their barks deserve to be heard.

Prevent cruelty by being a responsible pet owner. Pets deserve your love!

Jurnee Carr

Comments

Popular Posts