Fitness Hurdles

With 15 weeks remaining until we crown Mrs. International 2012, I thought I’d share a few motivational fitness tips.  If you are like me, and were crowned early in the year, you probably dove right into preparing, physically, for the National Pageant.  With that said, you may have already achieved your fitness goals, but realize there are still 15 weeks until the competition starts.  So what do you do?  Here are my suggestions.

First, ask yourself (or your trainer) if you’ve tried all the variations of training methods for your muscle groups.  Chances are you may just want to spice up your training schedule and/or try a couple different variations or fitness toys such as the BOSU Balance Trainer.  Second, research fitness classes that peak your interest.  For me, I added yoga and pilates classes into my workout and I really enjoyed it – both physically and mentally.  Next, look at your nutrition plan.  You may want to try new forms of protein, grains or veggies.

My last piece of advice is to take a vacation – mental or physical.  You may want to just take a week off from training and spend each day stretching.  By giving yourself time to reflect, may offer you that extra jolt to be able to jump back into your routine.

Janet Bolin

Comments

Popular Posts