Meeting with Allison Stavarkis my Minnesota State Director!

I  recently had the pleasure of meeting with my State Director, Allison Stavrakis and former Mrs. Oakdale 1997. As a reigning, Miss MN International, I happen to believe that we have a fabulous program and I was excited to learn about this year’s production. We discussed preparations and pre-pageant activities and I am sure that it was be a fun and rewarding experience for all involve.

I can’t help but feel a certain amount of nervous energy that is associated with a big event. It seems such a short time ago that I was preparing to compete. The actual performance is held on my alma matter, St. Cloud State University in a lovely auditorium. To keep all the contestants comfortable, they utilize the classrooms that connect to the auditorium as changing room. There will be plenty of room to hang your garments, but make sure to label everything as during quick changes, things can get chaotic.

Here are a few tips:

  • If you need some professional advice, you can’t beat the book Creating Queens authored by Suzy Boots, which is available on this website under Shop On-line.
  • The Green Mill restaurant connected to the hotel offers great lunch and dinner options, but they are not open for breakfast. There is a Perkins within a block, so that may be a good option.
  • Be sure to pre-order a poster-sized picture from photographer Paula Preston. I guarantee that Paula will capture some excellent shots that you will treasure for a lifetime. There will be some tables set up in the hotel lobby and pageant personnel to help you order.

One of my greatest pleasures was meeting the former contestants and queens that continue to volunteer and support the pageant. I was so surprised to learn that these women become lifelong friends and pageant sisters. The community of support is truly amazing.

I look forward to meeting all of the new and returning contestants.

Goodluck!

Krista Wanous
Miss International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts