Queens on Ice

For those of you that read Sarah’s blog, you are well aware of her past experience on the ice rink. I have always been very fond of figure skaters and their ability to glide effortlessly across the ice and their sparkly costumes, of course! If you’ve ever seen Sarah skate, you notice that she makes it look so easy! After watching clips of her past performances, I decided that it could not possibly be that hard. Wow, was I wrong! However, Sarah is an absolutely amazing teacher. With her patience, guidance, and loving (but stern) support, I learned how to ice skate all by myself. I even learned a few tricks!

Don’t let the smile fool you, I was terrified!

Sarah taught me to skate both forward and backward. My cheer experience helped a lot when she taught me to stand on one foot. I started dance lessons when I was 2 and continued for 11 years. Although it has been a while since I was last in a dance studio, I was actually best at “spinning”, a skill I was VERY proud of!

Showing off my ice skating skills

Thank you, Sarah, for this wonderful experience! I could not have asked for a better teacher or a better Mrs. International to share this journey with.


Love always,

Caroline

Comments

Popular Posts