DAR Luncheon


Earlier in the year, I informed you all that I was chosen as the Ashford High School representative for the Daughters of the American Revolution Good Citizenship Award. Since then, my essay, academic records, and records of community service have been sent to our regional chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. I was so shocked to receive the news that my essay was chosen out of a pool of students from three surrounding counties as the regional winner! You can only imagine my feelings of surprise when I was told that I then won the southeast Alabama district award, as well. I am now one of four students in Alabama competing for the Alabama State Daughters of the American Revolution Good Citizenship Award. This is a huge honor!

Today, I attended the Emmassee-Robert Grierson chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution luncheon. This chapter is in charge of the regional competition. Along with my parents, I enjoyed a wonderful lunch at the local country club where I read my essay and told the members about my future plans. I was also awarded a college scholarship! To my surprise, I am the first regional winner to have ever won the district award, as well.

I am so thankful that organizations such as DAR are taking the time to recognize students not only for their academic achievements, but for their achievements in the areas of patriotism, service, and leadership, as well. I will keep you all updated on the upcoming phases of competition!

All my love,

Caroline Crowley

Comments

Popular Posts