Life, Loss & Faith

“Faith does not make things easy, it makes them possible.”

It is so true. I was reminded of that this week. I am heartbroken for a friend and found myself having many conversations with God. Right now, only HE knows the answers to questions like, “Why?”

I reflect on how excited my husband and I were for the arrival of both of our children. Nervous and anxious, but overjoyed. There was no more beautiful sound than those bird-like cries as they each took their first breath of life while we welcomed them into the world.

Our friend, who we consider a family member, and her husband, did not get that this week. 40 weeks of planning and organizing and patiently waiting, but it was not meant to be. Life and death aren’t fair. And I must believe HE has bigger plans for this tiny angel.

I have learned so much from our friend’s strength along with the strength of her husband and their families. I find myself angry at times for what she and her family has had to go through this week and for what is yet to come…when the silence becomes deafening…when someone makes an insensitive comment like, “You’re young. You can have more children.”…When she is hit out of nowhere by an unexpected reminder.

Our stoic friend understands just conceiving a child is a miracle as is the nine months of pregnancy. She is facing this time in the present and head-on. It is a testament of how family, friends and faith make it possible to get through something so…well, there are just no words to help…just lots of prayers to heal.

Be the change,

Amy Gregorio
Your Mrs. International

www.MarchofDimes.com

Comments

Popular Posts