AHA's CPR Training Program

Recently the American Heart Association has been looking for representatives to teach CPR to students in schools all across the nation. I’m honored to say I was recently chosen and will be going into schools throughout my state to teach this lifesaving skill.

Because an emergency can occur at anytime, the American Heart Association’s CPR training programs help to increase survival rates by training ordinary people to respond quickly. The sad truth is most people don’t survive a cardiac arrest. Four to six minutes is the window of opportunity for someone to act before it’s too late, but fewer than one-third of cardiac arrest victims get CPR from someone nearby.


Our hope is that this program will deeply affect our nation and that CPR will become a skill that everyone knows at heart. I can’t wait to get started and I look forward to every minute of teaching.

All my love,

Haley Pontius

Comments

Popular Posts