Miss International 2013's Farewell Speech


Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you have imagined.

While I certainly dreamed about the honor of wearing the MI crown, I never imagined how incredible my year would actually be.

Once an awkward kid, not quite sure where I fit in - I knew I wanted to make a difference in this world and that I had something important to offer. I found solace in service And am grateful to have had the opportunity to share my passion for volunteerism with organizations across the globe.

I saw goals and dreams pass me by, but as I reflect back - I thank God for having a greater plan for me, and instilling in me the faith to see the setbacks as lessons. Lessons that would strengthen me and prepare me for the grace of this title.

I also can't say thank you and I love you enough to my family. Thank you for fostering an environment that not only allowed but encouraged me to be unapologetically myself. We are here because with each adventure you stand strong and tall beside me.

To the man that loves me after the crown comes off, Kevin. Thank you for being my rock and my sanity... I'm sorry for what I say and do when I am hangry! Know that I appreciate you in every way.

Amy Gregorio, you are truly my soul sister. I cherish Every moment spent with you. Looking forward to a lifetime of friendship.

Haley, watching you grow this year has been a pleasure, I know this is just the beginning of your success.

Thomas, Drew, and the entire TDS team... Thank you for not only helping me serve some serious face, but for the way you bring light to my life. I hope you always save a spot for me in your heart and on the honesty couch.

Jodi and Scott, 2013 sure was special for all of us. I am so grateful that you and our extended pageant family have come into my life.

Joey Retherford and the Competitive Image - considering my first pageant gown was $15, you have honestly made my fairy tale dreams come true. Thank you for your generosity.

Clay Spann - my photos and experience with you are absolutely priceless. Thank you for sharing your many talents with me.

Ms Terri... I'm fixing to say thank you. What a joy you are.

The entire international pageant staff - I adore each and every one of you.

Lastly to Ms. Mary, Mr. Mel, and the entire Richardson family. Your love and support mean more to me than you will ever know. Thank you for welcoming me into your lives and your family and thank you for giving women an opportunity to move our world.

To our contestants and the next miss international. Be a person who makes everybody feel like a somebody.

As we turn the page on what has been one of the most incredible chapters of my life. I must say.... how lucky I am to have found something that makes saying goodbye so hard.

For the last time, Seek Happiness, 

Jesse Ladoue
Miss International 2013.

Comments

Popular Posts