About Your Miss International 2014 Samantha Riddle

I cannot believe that I am sitting at home- with the Miss International Crown and Banner on my desk and am about to write my first blog post as Miss International 2014. So many thoughts and emotions are running through my head, but I will save those for a later blog post- first, let me introduce myself to you!

I was born October 21 1988 in Simi Valley, California. I grew up playing all boys basketball and baseball until I reached High School! I was never what you would call a “girly” girl. I never wore matching socks and my idea of putting on makeup was rubbing the entire pad of blush across my cheeks. Less is more went over my head. It wasn’t until I was introduced to pageantry at 17 that I had even understood the concept of grace and glamour.

I took College classes while still in high school and played for my high school basketball team- I rarely had free time, but when I did, you could catch me writing short stories or watching a Law and Order Marathon on TV!

I have been a strict vegetarian my entire life until most recently when a visit with the doctor left me facing my own mortality. I was 2 pounds away from being diagnosed clinically obese- had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and was on track for diabetes. That was the day I decided to forever change my life. It has been 2 years and I have lost 70 Pounds and have never been healthier! One of my biggest dreams for this year is to show girls all over the world that it doesn’t matter where you start- that if you work hard and put in the effort, you are capable of achieving your dreams.

I work for an entertainment Company in Los Angeles, California; Zowows LLC, who creates Apps for Mobile Devices. I run the Social Media department and Promotional/ Community Relations areas as well.

One of the most important things you should know about me is that I have a huge sense of humor. I am always making jokes and speak the language of sarcasm! I actually even studied 3 years of Improv Comedy in college- before realizing that I couldn’t be funny when put on the spot. Ha-ha!

I have been extremely lucky to have Job Shadowed for State Assembly Woman Audra Strickland, won the Raymond Berry Inspirational Award, and have spoken in 7 Countries on behalf of Hold On to Hope ( My platform) and the Miss International Pageant system! I cannot wait to share more about myself with you as this next year unfolds!

Ignite your spark-

Samantha Riddle
Miss International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts