Nebraska..the Good Life
Population of Nebraska is over 1.865 Million, but 89% of the cities in Nebraska have fewer than 3,000 people
The Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo was recently named the “Best Zoo in the World” and contains the World’s Largest Indoor Rainforest. Ironically my previous hometown of San Diego their Zoo is number 2 (http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/05/travel/tripadvisor-best-zoos/)
Nebraska Huskers Memorial Stadium seats over 90,000 after its recent stadium expansion that opened in 2013 that I was able to help design, manage the construction and outfit.
Lincoln is the capital and the second-most populous city of the State of Nebraska, after Omaha. Home of the University of Nebraska where I obtained my degree and ran track, the Sower, a 19-foot bronze statue representing agriculture, crowns the Capitol.
Home to many inventions known around the world including TV Dinners, Kool-aid, Vise Grips, Crash walls used in Nascar, the Reuben Sandwich and the 911 Emergency System, Nebraska has many creative thinkers!
In 1950, Omaha became the home of the College World Series now played at TD Ameritrade Park.
With all of these fun things to do in Nebraska, where can you most often find our family when we go on our “Family Fun Dates”?
Here are the Top 5 places we love to have our adventures together:
1. Hiking through the woods. Nebraska has many great parks, but our favorite is Mahoney! http://outdoornebraska.gov/parks/park_pages/Mahoney_SP/
2. Bike rides or running together. There are over 131 miles of hard surface and crushed rock trails for us to explore. We typically stop at a playground, fountain or garden to explore during our rides. One our favorites is Sunken Gardens that has two large coy ponds and adjacent sculptural fountain http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g45667-d2292606-Reviews-Sunken_Gardens-Lincoln_Nebraska.html
3. Attending the Farmers Market to support local growers an small business’s while enjoying the newly redeveloped family friendly downtown Lincoln Haymarket http://lincolnhaymarket.org/events/farmers-market/
4. Cheering on Husker Athletics at sporting events http://www.huskers.com/
5. Fun indoor play! Mahoney indoor playground, Air and Space Museum, Lincoln’s Children Museum, Amazing Pizza Machine and CoCo Keys are our top spots http://www.amazingpizzamachine.com/
1. Venue http://www.yourvenue.net/
2. Misty’s https://www.mistyslincoln.com/ordereze/default.aspx
3. Fireworks http://www.fireworksrestaurant.com/
4. Indigo Bridge and Books http://www.indigobridgebooks.com/philosophy/
5. Flatwater Grill and Bistro http://www.flatwaterbistro.com/
Live what you Love,
Your Mrs. International 2014