Going International!


On Saturday, October 27th...my husband Joe and I arrived with a group of 21 at our destination of Atlantis Paradise Island, in the Bahamas! What an incredible property, with absolutely spectacular views, amazing water features & creatures, a lovely spa, excellent food and even better service!

From start to finish, this adventure was a “meant-to-be” experience. You see, on July 21, 2012…the same night I was crowned Mrs. International…it was the 25th Anniversary of my company, Simplex Construction Supplies, Inc. Because I knew the preparation for the pageant would consume my time and energy, I decided to hold off on plans for a celebration with my employees. Therefore, once I had some time to process after the pageant, I presented two options to my team; New York City or Atlantis, which turned out to be the right selection for so many reasons.

Peyton Trask, Mr. International, Mrs. International, Rob Trask and Trent Trask (our dear friends from Steamboat Springs, Colorado)

We arrived just behind Hurricane Sandy, and found the weather to be nearly perfect, with only lingering winds due to the storm. Our rooms were extraordinary, in part because the hurricane encouraged many vacationers to depart prematurely, leaving the resort and services wide open to us.

Atlantis Sun Lounge Staff Alex McKenzie, Me, and Jeremy Gibson

On our last evening together we shared an amazing Italian dinner at Casa D ‘Angelo, recounted the history of the company that was founded between my Junior and Senior year in college as a communication credit, and topped off the night with photos with Mrs. International 2012!

Dinner at Casa D'Angelo with my team from Simplex
 
Dinner at Casa D'Angelo

I want to send out a message of appreciation to the Atlantis staff for their fantastic hospitality, Mr. Eric Hall, Assistant Manager of Public Relations for his willingness to include me in their promotional efforts by taking an official photo in crown and sash, along with our Conference Service Manager…the fabulous India Elliott.

India Elliott and Me

Most importantly, a heartfelt “thank you” goes to my team at Simplex for being exceptional at their jobs, which allows me to give my reign the attention it deserves.

The Simplex Team (left to right back row); Roxy Sucky, JoAnne Madison, Shannon Johnson, Missy Thiel, Chuck Thiel, Denny Johnson, Me, Joe, Pat Konkler, Bob Ingman, Rick Konkler, Heather Ingman, Angie Minetor, Sean Minetor (front row) Mark Decker, Jenne Imholte-Decker, Brenna Wojtowicz, and Dana Wojtowicz.

With sincere appreciation,

Sarah Bazey
Mrs. International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts