Chicago

This year will be the last year that the Miss International pageants will be held in Chicago, Illinois. Next year, the pageants will move to the beautiful city of Jacksonville, Florida. Before the pageant relocates, I encourage you and your family to make the most of this wonderful opportunity and enjoy some of the wonderful experiences Chicago has to offer!  I have attended the pageant for the past three years. During this time, my family, friends, and I have found some of Chicago’s most exciting attractions. Here are my top five favorite places to visit and things to do in Chicago:

Navy Pier- Navy Pier one of my favorite places to go because of the beautiful scenery. Navy Pier overlooks the water and offers an exciting, family-friendly atmosphere. My absolute favorite attraction at Navy Pier is the HUGE Ferris wheel. We take a family photo in front of it every year. It is fun to see how much we have changed!

John Hancock Observatory- Last year was my first experience at the observatory, but it is one I definitely will not forget. From the top floor, you can see all of the beauty Chicago has to offer! The elevators are extremely fast! We may have had a little too much fun riding up and down just to see how long it took to reach the top.

Chicago Cubs game- I come from a family of huge Cubs fans! There is nothing more exciting than cheering on our favorite team as we stuff our faces with world-famous Chicago pizza.

The Magnificent Mile on Michigan Avenue- If you love to shop, the Magnificent Mile is the place for you! With stores ranging from H&M to Louis Vuitton, you are sure to find exactly what you are looking for…and more!

MISS TEEN INTERNATIONAL PAGEANT- This may be a little cheesy, but the Miss Teen International pageant has become a family tradition for my mom and I. Since I was 13, we have made a yearly trip to Chicago to watch the beautiful and empowering women compete for the crown. It has always been a dream of mine to wear the Miss Teen International crown. This experience has been one I will remember forever. I am so excited that all of you will get to share this experience with me this coming July!

I hope to see you all in the beautiful city of Chicago for the 2013 Miss and Miss Teen International Pageants!

Comments

Popular Posts