Hand-In-Hand Guest Read

In one of my previous blogs, I told you all about one of my favorite places to serve, United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Birmingham. This week, I visited their preschool center, Hand-in-Hand as a guest reader. The Hand-in-Hand program is a state-of-the-art preschool center for children with special needs and their normally developing peers. Together, they learn and grow!

During my visit, I read to the two, three, and four-year-old classes. We read The Itsy Bitsy Spider and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (one of my favorite books as a child). After we read, we sang songs and made a craft that went along with the books we read. I’m not sure who had more fun, the students or me! I am always so impressed with the UCP facility and staff. The students truly flourish in the peer tutoring setting. We are so blessed to have this facility in our area!

Lydia, a student with Downs Syndrome, had so much fun touching my crown and making crafts! She is doing so well with her language development. It is such a treat to be able to watch her progression with each visit I make.

The Itsy Bitsy Spider was definitely a class favorite!

There is nothing more rewarding than seeing these sweet smiles…and silly faces!

Caroline Crowley

Comments

Popular Posts